Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Get-Away

Another of my favorite Christmas traditions is our annual weekend away with our friends, the Reeds. For the past 6 years, every December we find a Fri-Sat or a Sat-Sun that we take off and go to Salt Lake. We play, shop, go to a movie, eat at excellent restaurants stay at nice hotels and just enjoy ourselves! We went Sat-Sun this year and had a blast! It is nice to be with good friends and laugh until you cry and catch up on all the happenings in each other's lives and just have fun. The interesting thing is, it never is convenient. Things always come up as soon as we plan the days. We have learned that if we don't just do it anyway, we probably wouldn't ever find a day to do i.t So we say no to a bunch of other worthy things and go for it. This year we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and we both got Jacuzzi rooms. Nice. We ate at McGrath's and went to the movie, "Four Christmasses". We then got up on Sunday and went to the Little America Sunday Brunch, which was amazing. We shopped all Saturday and really had fun. I hope we do this for a long time to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like such a fun tradition. Glad you guys had fun. Oh, and I also LOVE the Sunday brunch at Little America... YYYYUUUUUMMMMMYYYYY!!!

Jessie, Garan, and Sammy said...

I'm glad you could have a wonderful weekend getaway! You deserve it!

Ginger said...

I am SOOOO glad this is a tradition we started and continue to keep no matter how difficult. We had a great time and look forward to next year. Thanks so much for being the best friends ever, we love you! By the way, I am still dreaming about how divine those strawberry crepes were!!