Tuesday, December 16, 2008

12 Days of Christmas

For the past two years we have done the 12 Days of Christmas for our kids and grandkids for their present. It has been a lot of fun for us as we have come up with ideas for each day. I like to work with a theme and so last year it was Family and this year it has the months of the year with each day a different month. Well, we got a big surprise on Sunday (the first day of Christmas) when our kids reversed the table and gave US the 12 days of Christmas for our presents. It has been so much fun and we have such clever kids. Each of the kids were responsible for getting certain gifts, wrapping them and writing the poem that went with it. Here is what we have so far:
The first poem to introduce the present:
The 12 Days of Christmas is the song we sing,
And in this box, 12 presents we bring.
December14th is when you may start,
Unwrap one a day with love from from our hearts.
Having you as parents is a dream come true,
This is our way of wishing Merry Christmas to you!
Love, Macfarlane's, Headley's, Pettingill's, Flom's, and Molyneaux's

1st day: chalkboard paint and labor to paint a wall downstairs in the playroom (I have wanted to do this for quite sometime now and I can't wait!)

The poem:
On the first day of Christmas your children gave to you:
The kind of gift that allows what would have been "naughty little children" a chance to artistically express themselves while staying on the "good list".

 










2nd day: running clothes for Dennis (He needs this sooooo bad!)
The poem:
It's the 2nd day of Christmas
And this one's just for Dad.
New running clothes to enjoy
'Cause in them he'll look bad.











3rd day: Drink dispenser for me! (I fell in love with this at Costco so I am especially excited)
There's a party at the Molyneaux's!
Several times a year family and friends are welcomed into your home.
Mom plans and prepares and you might hear dad moan!
Add this to your party things that are functional AND cute!
Drinks are on the house, hear us all root!











This is so fun, I can't wait for tomorrow!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

That drink dispenser is so cute filled up with punch! Look at you filling it up already! Yummy! Hopefully you enjoy the process, we all do!

Carrie said...

OK I am dumb, and it looked like at first the thing was filled already, but it isn't! Sorry!