Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Fun

I have to post about three more of my favorite Christmas traditions because they all happened in the last three days! GNO to Kurt Bestor, Family Christmas Dinner, and the Annual Gleed family caramel applefest. I love them all, bad! I love them because they are all done with family. I love them because they ARE Christmas beginnings in my heart. I love the Christmas music of Kurt Bestor and the guests he has come. I love being with my girls and laughing and talking and eating really good food and being together. I love making the dinner and setting the table with china and real silver and goblets. I love listening to the wildness of my grandchildren as they run and laugh and play in the house. I love seeing my sons-in-law and now daughter-in-law and having them be a part of my life. I love the gift giving and the blessing of family. I love that people travel to my house to make caramel apples. I miss my mom on this day because she started it. I used to just make the apples for her and, as she usually did, she made it better and turned it into a party. My neice wrote about it in her blog and talked about it being the past couple of years. Really, it has been 5 or 6 years that we have done this. I love talking and laughing with my neices, aunts, sisters, daughters and friends as we crank out two or three hundred apples and pretzels each year. This past week has been one that is chock-full of tradition and fun and love and laughter. It is Christmas! Finally.

No comments: