Every year on the Sunday night after Thanksgiving, our Stake puts on a concert called the Night of the Christmas Choirs. The Calvary Baptist Church comes each year and joins with our Stake Choirs and it is one of the most fun things of Christmas that I go to. If you want a decent seat you have to go early. I went two hours early so I could get a seat up front. And believe me, it is worth it. I have looked forward to it each year since the first year we moved into this stake three years ago. Maybe it is because what we do is so non-traditional for our church around here. We are able to let our hair down a little and are given permission to clap and sway and sing outloud in the chapel! Really though, I'd like to see anyone NOT clap and sway to a full Baptist choir belting out "Go Tell It On The Mountain". Brynlie was in the aisle clapping and swaying with the best of them and if I could have gotten it on tape, I would have. It is always the most fun way to begin the Christmas Season. I can't wait for next year. Wanna join me? I'll save ya a seat, I go early:)
3 comments:
What a fun event - and so fun that it's every year! We went to a chapel that opened in Harlem and we had that one famous Harlem Boys choir come (I don't remember their names) but it was kind of the same deal and I LOVED it, there is just something fun about jamming a little in the chapel to great music. =) Maybe we'll get to join you some year!
Aaayymen!! I say, Aaayymenn! Sounds like fun.
Aaaymen. I say, aaymen!
Post a Comment