Friday, November 21, 2008

Destiny

Sometimes two seemingly unrelated things orbit merrily along their way until one day they happen to cross paths and explode with goodness. This happened to us this month. 
First, Dennis got a really cool deep fryer for some reason or another from work a year ago. It has sat on the counter patiently waiting for greatness. 
Secondly, we got some really good Idaho potatoes from, well, Idaho a month ago. They have sat in cold storage for a few weeks, being used for the usual things, like mashed and baked potatoes. They too, were patiently waiting for greatness.
Two unrelated things orbiting each other. Until this week. Dennis decided to make french fries. 
They have been the best french fries I have ever tasted. And I LOVE good french fries. In & Out fries are my favorite. These are better. Seriously.
We are eating french fries every day.  Just me and Dennis. I don't know when it will end. I am not tired of them yet. I may eat all the delicious Idaho potatoes in french fries. Pretty sure I will. That could be a problem...but I'll get back to ya on that, I have some french fries to eat!

7 comments:

Ginger said...

So, when are ya having us over for some fries? That sounds so yummy and this Idaho girl has never met a homemade french fry I didn't like!

Penelope said...

Mmmm...homemade french fries sound good! And that's a cool-lookin fryer!

I'm the Mommy, That's Why! said...

Oh Pam, that sounds so seriously YUMMY!! I LOVE good fries and they are so hard to come by. Fries are customary at thanksgiving dinners, right? :0)

Stacie said...

I vote fries for Thanksgiving dinner, too!! :)

Becky said...

I love this post as well as french fries! And I miss Idaho potatoes. All we get out here are salt potatoes :( (although I like salt potatoes Idaho potatoes rule)

Anonymous said...

For you to put these ahead of in-n-out says A LOT!!! So I must try them SOON k?? Oh, and have you ever made potato donuts? I've heard they are amazing as well!! :)

Jessie, Garan, and Sammy said...

Yum!!! Maybe we'll sneak up some night to get some! :)