I often tell her how she had "meltdowns" for no apparent reason. Full out screaming, kicking tantrums. This went on until she could adequately let me know what she wanted. And what she wanted was her world, her way. Ordered. I understood this. I tell her how she didn't like other people and when they would tell me what a beauiful little girl she was, she would spit at them. Or ignore them. But I probably don't tell her enough, that she was more often a delightful and sweet baby and little girl. She laughed at funny things and saw the humor in things that others missed. She was seriously the silliest of the girls and could make everyone laugh with her antics. She idolized her two older sisters but never walked in their shadows. She knew from the day she was born what she wanted and how to get it. No one stood in her way. She still has these wonderful qualities.
I could not read enough to this little girl, although I tried, and so I think out of sheer willpower she learned to read at an early age. She would read everything she could get her hands on. She excelled in school and I was constantly told she was gifted, which she was (is), but I also know that she worked hard for the top grades she got. Because this is what she does, she works hard for what she wants.
This wonderfully delightful daughter of mine is still the beautiful, sweet, funny, determined girl she has always been. She is an amazing mom and wife and still manages to read everything she can get her hands on.
She was born with the ability to know what she wants and the determination to work for it. She still likes order in her world. It is why she will repaint an entire room 4 times in one week, each color just a subtle shade different from the first. It is what she has to do. She is Goldilocks and it needs to be "just right." And I still understand that. She is compassionate, kind, deeply religious, and strong. She is good to the core.
She is my go-to girl for all things creative, it just oozes from her. She can write, draw, decorate, bake, play the piano and sing. She really can do it all and she does it well.
I am in awe of her and pinch myself all the time to see if it is really true, that I was blessed with such a wonderful daughter. She is one of my greatest blessings and I am so glad that she is mine.
2 comments:
Oh, mom! I don't deserve that! Really, I mean it. Telling the world how I spit on people and had meltdowns?
:) I'm kidding. Thank you for such a sweet, sweet touching post. I LOVE YOU and can't imagine having anyone else as my mom. You just made my entire day! I could go to bed now having the perfect birthday, and it's only 8:30 am! Thanks for bringing me into this world and seeing all the good in me. :)
Oh that was sweet!! I loved the way you said it all. We love her and are so glad we got her as our sister!
Post a Comment