Thursday, April 16, 2009

This and That

Last week I was inducted into the Weber State Honor Society. This is a big deal for me! A big deal. It means that I have above a 3.7 GPA. And that I get to wear an honor cord when I graduate next Spring! Woo Hoo! (I am most excited about the honor cord!)


A week before that, I was called by the head of the Education department and asked if I would be willing to speak at a luncheon on the 16th. When I hesitated, she added that I would only have to speak for 3-4 minutes. So today at noon, I am speaking to a room full of very important people including the President of Weber State--Yikes! The luncheon is to thank and honor the really, really rich people who give money for the scholarships at Weber. I have to talk about what it has meant to me to get the scholarship I am on. I am nervous. This is so far out of my comfort zone that it is ridiculous! 
I hear the food is really good so I hope they feed us after the speeches (there is one other speaking besides me) because I will be so nervous before I talk that I won't be able to eat. 

It snowed. Again. C'mon...it's the middle of April and it's been a long winter.


7 comments:

ClaysJenna said...

Congrats on the honor cord, Momma!!! Yeah!!! I knew you could do it!! :) And wow...good luck on your speech!! Wish I could come listen:) Love you!!

Claytie and Suzie said...

Congratulations and Good Luck! Oh, it's almost noon.. I'm sending good vibes right now! :)

James Yvonne and Elise said...

Pam that is great, Congratulations! Also you will do great today. Good luck!

Becky said...

Congrats Pam! I'm sure you gave a great speech :)

Kathy said...

You are so awesome!! Of course they'd ask YOU to speak!! I could sit and listen to you speak all day. Oh wait, you never call or come over...so I guess I COULDN'T listen to you speak all day!! I really do love you Pammy! Congrats on being one of my smarty pants friends!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry - I'm just finally reading this! I'm SOOOO proud of you!! Congratulations!! And I'm glad the speech went so well. You're awesome mom. Really you are.

Ginger said...

Yeah Pam! Way to go! I am sure your speech was fabulous because everything you do is awesome. We are so proud of you.