Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009


I had a wonderful Christmas and I had a lot of really great experiences and got some really great gifts. It is hard to choose a favorite but I have to say that this year I got a waaaay cool gift that may seriously may be my favorite (do not read past this all you jealous cooks out there) and that would be a set of Wusthof Knives!! From my cute kiddos. Oh yeah! I L.O.V.E. them! So, I made tacos the first chance I could because, duh, there is a lot of cutting in the making of tacos. And I only cut my finger once! But it was on the avocado--and avocados and I have a history...dull or sharp, I will cut myself when cutting avocados. I don't know why, but it is what it is. I do know that really, really sharp knives cut deeper and faster than really, really dull knives and that bandaids work just as well on cuts from either one. So on with the bandaid and on with the cutting. It was such a wonderful experience and I love them so much that I may set up a little shrine on the counter for them...nothing big, a couple candles, some pictures, maybe a flower...you know, just to worship them in a pagan sort of way and give them the respect that they deserve. I have waited a long time for them and I am so happy they are in my life! Thanks kids and when I tell you that I love you more than my knives, you will know that I love you a lot!

5 comments:

ClaysJenna said...

Glad you liked them!! LOVE you more than those knives:)

Jessie, Garan, and Sammy said...

You are so funny! I am glad that you love them so much!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha - oh mom I love you! :) Love the shrine idea :)

holo said...

Shrine+Knives+Blood+Obsession = I am worried about you. I am a sib, so I assume the knives rank higher than me.

Alicia said...

Um, yes, I am very VERY jealous! Have you seen what's on the sidebar of my blog? Like I said...very jealous! I'm also impressed that you only cut yourself once! Those things are seriously sharp. And your shrine cracked me up...