Just got my Praxis scores and I passed.
With a great score! yay me.
The Praxis test is a big, hairy comprehensive content knowledge test covering all the content taught in 1st-6th grade in Math, Science, Language Arts, and Social Studies. 30 questions each randomly chosen and it is not only really, really hard to study for (think world history, US history, continents, states, capitals, algebra, geometry, biology, earth science, poetry, sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, and more...much more) but it is also just plain really, really hard! it's timed and monitored like the ACT tests and it costs a lot of money. Oh yeah, and you have to take it to be licensed to teach. And obviously, you have to pass. And you have to take again if you don't pass. The girl sitting next to me at the test was taking it for the fourth time. She isn't alone. I know another one who took it 7 times before passing. It is crazy! You have to get a score of 150 to pass. I got 174. That's actually a good score and I couldn't be happier. I would have taken 151 and been thrilled with it. Oh, I am so, so happy.
And I leave tomorrow for Texas for a week!
It's warm there.
And I hear they have really, really good food!
Life is good.
Bring it on!
5 comments:
yay mom! way to go, that is such a great test score and a great way to end your schooling! Have fun in Texas, I am wishing I were somewhere warm, with someone else cooking yummy foods for me, making my bed each morning and cleaning my bathrooms.......ahh to vacation :)
That is so great!! Remember how bad you felt about it right after you took it?? Hurray to know you passed with FLYING colors!! SO proud of you!!
Congrats Pam! That's great! I'm proud of you!
I can't believe I never commented on this. I swear I did!! I'm SO happy you passed!! I knew you would, though. You are one smart cookie!!! Love you!
Wow, Pam, you are one amazing woman! That sounds so hard! I was trying to divide 2 decimals the other day on paper and I suddenly felt so handicapped without a calculator - I couldn't believe how bad I was at it! Anyway, you have me very impressed! Way to go!
Post a Comment