Sunday, January 17, 2010


I was soooo looking forward to a holiday, and I actually like honoring Martin Luther King, Jr because what he did was awesome. And I use the word awesome even though I won't let my students use it when being a "good audience" and commenting on someone's show & tell because it is so overused that it means nothing, really. But I use it anyway for describing that I am really amazed that one man was able to stand on a foundation laid by many courageous men and women who came before him, and in one moment in time, he changed history. He also gave his life for what he believed in and fought against-peacefully.
But, as I said, I was looking forward to the "vacation" time until I realized that my vacation day would be spent like this:
Writing lesson plans
Planning reading centers
Writing lesson plans
Making the "stuff" for reading centers
Writing lesson plans
Writing and assembling my TWS (don't even ask!! It's massive and requires a 3-ring notebook and 7 tabs!)
And somewhere in there I hope to be able to go shopping for a new small point and shoot camera that will fit in my purse or backpack so I can take pictures of all the "awesome" ideas I am seeing out in the schools.
So I can copy them when I have my own classroom.
And if I am really lucky, and get all my homework done, I will go fabric shopping.
That would be really awesome!

1 comment:

Penelope said...

The sad thing is that I didn't even realize it was Martin Luther King day, until it had passed. But I agree with what an "awesome" man he was!

But is sounds like you need a real holiday; the kind without the lesson plans, and with lots of fabric shopping! :)