Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Student Teaching

I am having a blast with my student teaching. I have a wild class of 2nd graders but I love them to death. We had a little "Come to Jesus" after my supervisor came and they were beyond out of control, as in another galaxy out of control, but all is well now. I was a little disturbed when a little guy came at me with a huge scowl on his face and giving me the "bird" and I was thinking, "What the h" until he got to me and asked for a band aid for the paper cut on his "birdy" finger. Gotta love little kids. Friday they were eating corndogs for lunch and one kiddo declared to me that hot dogs are called wieners because of what they look like. Again, I was praying, "please don't say it, please don't say it" and he said it is because they look like wiener dogs. Phew! A little more innocent than I was thinking. Or my mind is not where it should be. Either way, they are entertaining to say the least.
I love my cooperating teacher and would give anything to just stay and work with her the entire time. Perhaps my whole life. In fact if we could both afford it, we would team teach. We've discussed it. Neither one of us can afford to go half day. Sigh. Why does it always have to come down to money? Why can't it just be all about food like it is in my world? I told her today that I am having separation anxiety because I only have 10 more days in her class. Big sigh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom- I LOVE when you post because I love the way you write! :) That was cute and I'm SOOO happy your experience with student teaching has been so positive (and hilarious) :-) .... It's the Final Countdown..... :-)
Love you

Anita Wiggins said...

What an exciting job, x rated and everything.

Becky said...

Cute stories! I love little kids and their funny sayings ;) What a great grade to teach. You'll make a wonderful teacher Pam!

holo said...

Ohhh, I get it; weiner DOGS. And all this time I thought...
Anyway, that's one funny post, Pammy.