
So for Lent this year, I could not decide what to give up...I am tired of the old stuff I've always done which is chocolate and caffeine. Seven weeks with none and then back to eating and drinking it from Easter on...not the best idea because it changed nothing (except for the 7 weeks of Lent). So last year I gave up eating out and that worked beautifully! It was hard because I had gotten in the habit of stopping on my way from work to school for lunch every single day and several night as well. It was a good thing to give up. I don't really ever like eating fast food anymore so it accomplished something. But it also made it unrealistic to give that up again since I rarely eat it anymore. So being quite stressed about the fact that I hadn't figured out anything to give up (Garan suggested I give up Lent:) and being the day of Lent, I was texting my amazing nephew, Vili, and he suggested we could give up white, processed flour! (Yes, I bring people on board when I do this) Anyway, I loved the idea and voila! here I am, 10 days into giving up something that is not good for me but, I swear is in everything I normally eat!!! Eating out at Mandarin last night...can't have my favorite shrimp dish (Zesty Orange Sesame Shrimp) because it is breaded (ha ha just kidding, I ordered and ate it before Dennis mentioned that it was breaded with white or processed flour!!) I didn't even think about it. And so, except for the shrimp and the left over chocolate eclairs from Great to be Eight that sat in my fridge for two days until I ate them all, I have been pretty darn perfect. Six more weeks to go. I hope this one sticks like last year's did. Except when I eat at Mandarin. No one can be that perfect!!
3 comments:
Haha! Love it. Don't forget you had a roll at Texas Roadhouse, too. Just saying. Love you!!!
May the blessed Madonna and all Saints grant you strength through this ordeal.
that's such a smart one! i was so bummed when I missed lent. Better late than never, right?? ;] Go Auntie Pam! Lent ALWAYS reminds me of you. Love you!
Post a Comment