Sunday, March 7, 2010

We're walking, we're walking, we're walking and we're stopping..

On Friday I went with my cute 4th grade class on a field trip to the Museum of Natural History and to the State Capitol. Can I just say that the Museum of NH is so cool?!!!! Seriously, take your kids and plan on several hours, it's that much fun. They have a way creepy/cool bug exhibit going right now that will give you the heebie-jeebies for awhile and tons of other stuff to entertain and look at. Sure it costs, but it is well worth it.
All went well at the Capitol and we had a blast until we went into the Legislative and Senate chambers where the men and women we've elected were hard at work passing bills into laws. Legislature was very predictable and interesting as we sat in the balcony and watched. Then we went to the Senate and took our balcony seats and began listening. They were discussing a bill for sex education and abortion---in DETAIL! Wow! Shoulda seen the tour guide hustle us right on out of there! It would be interesting to see how many kids went home and asked their parents what certain terms mean....Seriously, I bet the word SEX was said 50 times before we could get them out of there and EVERY time, there was giggling in the balcony...Ya never know what you're going to get when trying to give an education.

3 comments:

JL said...

Gotta love it! That's exactly why I'm glad I don't have to deal with parents! I wouldn't want those phone calls!

ClaysJenna said...

Haha!! That's too funny!! Good luck with whoever has to handle phone calls like that!!!

Anonymous said...

Hehehe - I love it!