Friday, March 19, 2010

March Madness

I really, really like the month of March. Some of my favorite people were born (and are soon to be born) in this month. I love St. Patrick's Day and it's in March. Spring break is in March and I love that little break. I love seeing crocuses popping up and that happens in March, so it is a great month all the way around.
What I especially like is that in our not so little family, we have a March Madness contest where we pick the teams to win the NCAA championship. We play for bragging rights (and sometimes for money) but the bragging rights are better. This year it's just bragging rights. And I am in first place! Garan and Dennis just can't believe it and think it is downright unfair. I think it is genius. They spend all kinds of time thinking about it and planning and strategizing and picking the perfect bracket. I, on the other hand, look at the names and the rankings and pick them according to gut or how well I like them or like their name. This drives them crazy. Especially when I am first. By a couple of games. And then, I forget who I picked to win. That really makes them crazy. Last night while watching the Texas/Wake Forest game, I asked Dennis who I picked. He just shook his head in disgust. I said I think I picked Texas and so that is who I cheered for and sat in unbelief as they lost in the last second as Wake Forest made an absolutely beautiful 2 pointer! Then I checked the brackets. I actually chose Wake Forest!! I was a little bummed that I forgot that because I would have been cheering wildly at the end and been pretty excited! sigh. Gotta love March Madness. Gotta love being in 1st.

3 comments:

ClaysJenna said...

I LOVE March madness!!Way to go on being first!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha - Mom, I'm the SAME way. I almost picked Old Dominion because their name sounds like "dominate" and that's a for sure winner! Wish I would have gone with that one this year :) I love our family competition and I wish we would have put money on it! I did notice you were in the lead last night. Enjoy it while it lasts :) hehehe
Love you!

holo said...

The way you pick teams for the Big Dance is exactly how kids are assigned to families in the preexistence.