Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tell me it ain't so...

Today my first born beautiful daughter turned 30. Hard to believe. There is something about a firstborn child . Not implying any favoritism at all, but she occupies a special place in my heart as the beginning of life as I know it. She was born before we had celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary and she brought a sense of wonder and joy that we had never before experienced. Her perfect little fingers and toes and her bright blue eyes captured my heart from the moment I saw her. I felt complete when I married the LOML, and couldn't imagine life being any better until I laid eyes on this sweet gift from heaven. My side of the family said she looked like my husband, his side said she looked like me, all I know is that she looked like the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I still feel that way. She is beautiful inside and out and I am so fortunate that she is mine. 
We weren't planning on starting our family so soon. We talked about waiting for a couple of years, maybe three, but I have a feeling she had other plans. She can be stubborn like that when she wants her way, and this was no exception. We weren't upset by the pregnancy, we were thrilled. Life has a way of doing that to you. Giving you something better than you could have planned for yourself. 
Having a daughter first was such a surprise and so much fun. She completely stole my heart and wrapped herself tightly around her daddy's finger. She still has my heart and her daddy still has her wrapped tight around his finger. Girls are like that. At least mine are. 
We laugh at her "blondeness" sometimes, okay a lot of times, because it is so very, very funny and we can't help ourselves. But, seriously, there is no one more sensitive and kind and easy going than my number 1 baby. She is an example of patience, fun, and creativity and the most awesome mom of boys I have ever seen. She is thirty today but I still see her as my little girl, a gift from heaven to pave the way for her siblings as their mother practiced being a mom for the first time. 
She is the perfect daughter and I wish her a very, very happy birthday. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom!!!! Oh my gosh what a sweet surprise!! Not only did you make time to blog - but it was for ME!! That was SO fun to read and meant SO much to me. Like I said earlier - I'm SO glad I was born specifically to you and dad (I just wish it was 22 years ago, not 30!) hehehe. I love you so much. That really was so sweet.

Kathy said...

Pammy you do have sweet girls. Each one occupies a special place in my heart. Happy 30th to Chandie!
Wow! Weren't WE 30 just yesterday??

Alicia said...

What a darling, darling post. Happy Birthday to Chandie... and congratulations to you for having such a sweet daughter! =)