Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hundreds Day

My girls did this and it was so fun to read. Here is mine. (Not nearly as funny or clever)

1. I am intimidated by my girls' blogs. Especially their 100 lists.
2. I count things. Cups as I put them in the cupboard, clothes as I fold them, just about everything.
3. I don't count steps or tiles or anything really neurotic.
4. I am scared to death that I will slip in the shower and crack my head and no one will know for hours. 
5. Then they find me dead AND naked! 
6. I am extremely careful in the shower.
7. I am attached to things.
8. I HATE clutter. I become overly anxious when there is clutter in my space.
9. My pantry is causing me great anxiety right now.
10. I have been in love with my husband since I was 16.
11. That is more than twice as long as I have lived not loving him.
12. I am still madly in love with him.
13. I have irrational fears that I frequently have to talk myself out of.
14. Besides the shower one.
15. Like falling off overpasses (walking or driving).
16. I had to go to the school psychologists when I was in 3rd grade because of anxiety.
17. They didn't call it anxiety when I was in 3rd grade and I just had to learn how to deal with it.
18. I have never tasted a fruit that I did not like. 
19. I STILL miss my mom so much that it hurts.
20. I love to clean. It is therapy for me.
21. Since I went back to school, I haven't had time to stick to my normal cleaning routine. 
22. I have a low level of anxiety all the time because of this.
23. I LOVE staying up late. Love it!
24. I HATE waking up early. Hate it!
25. I think you are either born a morning person or not. It is not learned.
26. I think that if you are not a morning person, you can still get up early every morning.
27. I know that you will never, ever like it!
28. I love breakfast. 
29. I love eating out.
30. I would eat Salmon over any other entree.
31. Some songs just have to be played loud.  
32. I can't help dancing to certain songs.
33. I love naughty boys.
34. I have a list of 50 things I want to do before I die. 
35. I catch myself singing to songs in stores. I do it anyway.
36. I shave my legs and underarms every day.
37. I love the smell of coffee, especially coffee beans.
38. I love to read.
39. I have enough recipes in my files to use one for every meal each day until I die and still not use them all.
40. I keep adding recipes to my files.
41. I really believe I will one day make the recipes I save.
42. I love the sound that high heels make on a tile floor.
43. I DO NOT like the color pink. At all. 
44. I love the color pink on little girls and anyone else. Just not me. Or anything I own.
45. My girls talked me into putting pink polish on my toes at a pedicure. It gave me anxiety to look at it. I finally had to take it off.
46. I always wanted to be a boy. BAD!
47. Until I turned 12 and discovered boys....
48. I love being a girl.
49. I forget that I am over 50. Shocks me everytime I think about it.
50. 50 is not as old as I thought it was when I was younger.
51. I think being a grandma is as close to heaven as I've ever been.
52. When I am driving, other drivers usually annoy me.
53. I have walked into Men's bathrooms by mistake more times than I care to reveal.
54. My friend watched me do this one time and didn't stop me.
55. She wanted the picture when I came out.
56. There is no one in the whole world who can make me laugh harder and more often than my friend Kathy.
57. I get physically sick if I have to walk into a meeting or gathering late.
58. I am late anyway.
59. I get really dumb songs stuck in my head and they stay forever.
60. It is usually just a part of it that plays over and over like a stuck recording.
61. Like, "My, my, my, my Sharona" complete with the beats after those words. 
62. Mispelled/misused words annoy me.
63. Especially your and you're.
64. Is it that hard to figure out if you mean your or you are???
65. One of my favorite things to do is lay in bed at night talking to Dennis.
66. That's Dennis' 2nd favorite thing to do in bed.
67. I don't mind being alone.
68. I would mind it all the time.
69. I sing in the car. Always. 
70. I do Lent every year.
71. I am better at keeping my Lent resolve than I am at keeping New Year's resolves.
72. When I was a Senior, our English class had to write a personal story about a conflict.
73. I couldn't think of one so I made up a story and passed it off as real.
74. I got the top grade in the class and my teacher used it as an example of excellence. 
75. I love rainy days.
76. I love, love, love road trips.
77. I don't like milk. I love cheese. And ice cream.
78. I only ditched school one time.
79. It was two days before graduation. 
80. I got caught.
81. I always knew when I was pregnant before I could even take a test because every single time I would have a dream where I was cheating on Dennis. 
82. It was always with an old boyfriend and I felt no guilt.
83. Until I woke up, and then I felt intense guilt for days! 
84. I never told Dennis about these dreams.
85. I love baseball in an unhealthy way.
86. I love warm summer days sitting in bleachers and hearing the sounds that baseball makes and eating the food at the baseball park.
87. I love football in the same way.
88. I love crisp fall nights sitting in bleachers under the lights watching football and I love that football has a halftime when the kids walk around and people visit.
89. I notice clouds in the sky and the moon at night. And sunsets.
90. I love where I live. I love my city and my neighborhood.
91. Whenever I get a calling in the church, so does Dennis.
92. He never complains.
93. I love going to the gym. But only after I have gone.
94. I was almost kidnapped as a child. 
95. This did not help my anxiety problems.
96. One time I put all my kids in the car and left for the store. I accidentally left Megan at home asleep. I realized it within a few minutes and went back for her. 
97. It took me a long time to forgive myself for that.
98. A lot of times my life is running through my head like a narrative. 
99. Jenna is the most fun person to watch movies with in the whole world.
100. I have never for a moment taken for granted that I got to have such wonderful children and such a great life.

8 comments:

ClaysJenna said...

I feel priveldged to be named by name in your blog and I LOVE watching movies with you...serious! So how about we have another movie night? I'm thinking soon...I havent seen PS I Love You and I own it or... um, we can watch Gilmore Girls again...my favorite thing to do with you ever!! Your list made me laugh loved reading it:)!!! Your and youre is one of the FEW that I get right!! Love you tons!!!

ClaysJenna said...

oops privileged .... I meant to spell it right:) Love you

ClaysJenna said...

Oh, and one more thing...what about the time you left me? Remember? On the way to the cemetery? You made it to your destination before knowing I was missing...:) I was just putting my shoes on like I was asked and you all left me...and I cried on the porch until you came back and got me.

Amanda Lynn and Joseph Michael said...

Hahaha! Pam, I have to tell you that #4 & #5 have always been a huge fear of mine! I always thought I was the only one, but I'm glad there are at least two of us out there!:)

Stacie said...

I LOVE IT!!! I could read 100 more. :) I laughed at #4 & #5. I get anxiety over clutter, too. And I count things, too! I don't think I've ever told anyone, and now I don't feel as alone. :)

Carrie said...

fun to read, mom. funny how so many things you do I do too. must be related :)

Kathy said...

I HAVE to read your (NOT YOU'RE) girls 100 lists because I sat here, all alone, and laughed out loud-belly laughed- at your's!!! If I am the Kathy who makes you laugh,it's because laughter is recycleable! I love you girl! Come get your birthday-smashed up-birthday present!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh mom I absolutely LOVED reading this!! Stacie mentioned you had done a '100 list' and I was SOOO excited!! You did not disappoint! I laughed and agreed and laughed some more. I love you!!