Friday, July 3, 2009

I Miss My Mom....

I miss my mom. A lot.
Everyday.
I miss how she could make me laugh, even when I didn't want to laugh, but especially when it caught me off guard. I always knew she would see humor in everything around her.
I miss how she could make me feel like I was the most talented, wonderful girl in the world.
I miss how she loved me in spite of all my faults (which she didn't see).
I miss how she laughed.
I miss her wisdom.
I miss talking to her to her for hours about nothing.
I miss talking to her about deep things and personal things and knowing I was safe.
I miss her quick wit.
I miss her music.
I miss her phone ringing "I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy", a song she loved because the words said "Born on the 4th of July."
I miss her food.
I miss her optimism.
I miss her reassurance.
I miss seeing her with my dad.
There are not words to describe how much I miss her.
There are not words to describe how grateful I am that she was born, married my dad, and was my mother.
Tomorrow is her birthday, the second one celebrated without her.
Happy Birthday, Mom.
I miss you.

5 comments:

James Yvonne and Elise said...

I miss her too. That was beautifully written. She loved life and her family. The 4th just isn't the same without her.

ClaysJenna said...

I miss her, too! Love what you wrote. Love you!

holo said...

Thanks for putting into words what I feel, too.

DaPaPaG said...

Thanks. I thought about Mom a lot yesterday. I miss her too. As I did with Alicia's blog, I 'cat down and shried' when I read your blog. -Kenny

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post mom. The sentence "I miss my mom." just breaks my heart. What a sad and very real thing to have to say. I love you!