One: My favorite window in the whole world and it just happens to be in my bedroom in Hood River.
Dorothy
Marlene
Two: Of the craziest and fun people in the whole wide world spend the time with me in Hood River
Three: The number of sewing machines set up in the living room of Dorothy's house
AND the number of aprons the "Hood River fairies" brought.

Four: The number of large servings of Tillamook Marionberry Pie ice cream we ate.
(Lush vanilla ice cream with veins of fresh Oregon Marionberry ripple and flaky piecrust pieces.)

AND the number of times we re-played "Donna and the Dynamos" singing "Super Trooper"
AND the number of days that Dorothy and Marlene insisted on wearing their aprons...everywhere!
Five: The number of nights we went to bed between 3:00 and 4:00 a.m.
AND the number of days
we ate out at delicious, unique cafes and restaurants.
Six: The number of times we went to our favorite Hood River Quilt Store.
Seven: The number of aprons I made in Hood River. Dorothy made 6 (of 20) and Marlene made 10. The Hood River Fairies changed the course of our quilting retreat. It will be forever known as 2009, The Year of the Aprons.
Eight: The number of beautiful, sunny, rainless days in Hood River.
Nine: The number of hours we saved by flying instead of driving.
Ten: The number of hours each day that we sang along with the oldies while we sewed and played.
Eleven: The number of quilting projects I completed this year!
Twelve: The number of months until I get to do this all over again. Tick, Tock, hurry clock!
I am home. That is how I feel when I go to Hood River. I want to click my sparkly red shoes and say, "There's no place like home" and be back. Really. But I will accept the fact that once a year I get to spend time in a magical place with wonderful people doing splendid things! Then spend the rest of the year wishin' and hopin' and plannin' and dreamin'....
7 comments:
Pam- I love your posts! I read them and always get a 'BIG SMILE!' I'm so glad you had such a fabulous time in Hood river. You deserve it! :o)I know the aprons were gorgeous! You rock as a quilter! Have a great time being back home! :o)
Diana Guptill (Michelle's mom)
I'm so glad that I was a recipient of one of those 7 aprons. I love it alot. I wear it every day. Except I wore in the bathroom the other day and forgot I had it on and the tie fell in the toilet, while I was currently using it. So now it's in the wash and I dont get to wear it today. Love you!!!
LOVED this post! And I am in love with that WINDOW! Ahhh! That is just too charming.
What a cute post mom!! It makes me want to tag along with you - not to quilt - but to sing sings, eat yummy food, stay up all night, and vacation with the girls. And that window - it's so dreamy! :)
P.S. LOVE my "sexy" er, flirty apron! For reals, L.O.V.E it!
Dang - I meant sing "songs"
I love this!!! You have so much fun and I'm glad =) Your aprons were ADORABLE!!!
Just loved reading your post about HR. Wasn't it the grandest time ever? I especially loved the attractive picture you included! Who is that beautiful woman asleep on the couch? We surely stored up enough memories to last until next June. After you two flew home I couldn't figure out why my jaws ached so much - then figured out it was from all the late night (early morning) singing to the oldies! I'm making several apron quilt squares for our HR quilt. Someday you will have to explain about the quilt memories we are working into a quilt. Did I tell you that Marlene asked me the day you left if I died before next June I was to instruct Clyde to still let you go up. Of course!
Much love, Dorothy of the Dynamos
Post a Comment