Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Grandma Day



Today was Grandma Day, Halloween style! We had a blast. We went to the pumpkin patch in Farmington where the kids ran through the hay maze a million times, this is no exaggeration. They took turns being "lost" and being the rescuers. They raced each other, and when they ran around corners they crashed into each other, and they fell down when they went too fast. They laughed and screamed and Carson found rocks and threw them. Great fun for a kid! Finally after 45 minutes of too much fun, we wandered around the pumpkin patch for another 30 minutes finding the pumpkin that was just right-- not too big, not too small, and not too soft! The moms came with carseats and drove to my house where the moms had to leave and we continued the fun. We frosted cookies, made ghosts, made pumpkin cookies, ate dinner, and did our very favorite thing we do on Grandma Day...We danced. We danced to "The Monster Mash", we danced to "Witches Brew", and we danced to "Purple People Eater"! And then we did it again...and again...and again...for 30 minutes or more, we danced ourselves silly. Stockton danced so hard and fast, his pants fell down. Even more fun and belly laughs! 
Today was "Grandma Day". I have to admit, I LOVE grandma day. Really. Today was the best.

6 comments:

Stacie said...

And WE LOVE YOU! This is the stuff memories are made of...

Latu said...

That sounds like so much fun! Those kids are lucky to have such a great grandma!

Anonymous said...

Oh mom ~ they boys had SO much fun. I asked them on the way home what their favorite part was and Stockton said "dancing with no pants!" and Cabe said, "eating and drinking, then dancing."
They really had fun ~ you are so cute! Thanks for such a fun time! :)

holo said...

I can't wait to be a grandpa so I can have some fun like you.

ClaysJenna said...

I loved that I was able to be there!! It was fun and I cant wait for JJ to be old enough to participate!! You are such a cool Grandma!!

Ginger said...

You are such an awesome grandma!