So, I went in early on Friday and talked with my math teacher about the error. She said that I could keep the grade. My conscience couldn't take that answer so easily. I argued that I didn't earn the grade. She argued that I did and she appreciated my honesty. I argued that I didn't feel right about taking a grade I didn't deserve. She argued that I learned what I needed to learn from the mistake and to just make sure I don't make the same mistake on the final! I started to argue again and she cut me off and said that the grade stands and to not argue it anymore. Okay. I won't. But I still feel guilty for getting a grade I didn't earn. Really. But I will take it. I will just study that much harder for the next test so that I don't have this problem again. So, dilemma solved. My conscience and I are friends again and I will get over the guilt pretty soon. Life is balanced once again.
1 comment:
Yay the honesty paid off!! I'm happy for you!
Post a Comment