Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mi Vida Loca

I know, don't fall over out of shock! I am updating. I am a little overwhelmed with blogging...There are so many things I haven't blogged about like: my new car (I love it!), and Hood River (so fabulous that words cannot describe), and my new job (love it but that would be the reason for no blogs) and trips to CA and LV and MLB games! Yes, I have had a wonderful and crazy summer and here it is, fall already!
I love my little class of 2nd graders. They are so funny and so smart and they make me smile everyday. I am enjoying teaching, but Dennis reminds me that this is the only job he knows of that you actually pay to do! It is crazy busy getting set up and running the first year. I get to the school between 7 and 7:30 in the morning and typically leave at around 7:30 at night. Then I work from home until 11:30 or 12:00, go to bed, and start over again. But I love it. I love teaching at the Charter School and have such a great team to work with. I absolutely love the curriculum at this school and its emphasis on US History. It's all like a new language to me (Saxon Math, Spalding Reading, and Core Knowledge for History and Geography and Science). But it is finally coming along and making sense in this old brain. Funny story about Saxon Math. At back to school night I was talking (probably fast because I was a little nervous:)and said Saxon Math a few times when a parent finally raised her hand and asked what I was saying because it sounded like "Sex and Math"!! Ha Ha. I laughed and told them I would slow down!
Anyway, it is fabulous, tiring, rewarding, and everything I had hoped for. Not many people get to have a career doing something that they love, so I feel fortunate. I wake up everyday excited for the day. Now, if I can only get some sleep...
Oh, and Dennis is a ROCK STAR!!!! He has done more for my cute little class than I have. He built multiple shelves, bought 4 computers for my class, doesn't say a word when I spend massive amounts of money on books, supplies, and doo-dahs for my classroom. He listens as I tell him in minute detail about every little thing and every little person in my class. He gives me really good advice and has amazing ideas to make the classroom better and my lessons over the top! I love him.
I also need to give a little, no a big, shout out to my sweet Jessie for all that she gave me for my classroom. She not only has saved me hundreds of dollars, but it makes my classroom the envy of the school. Seriously. I love my crazy life!

7 comments:

ClaysJenna said...

LOVE the update, mom!! I missed your blogs! Your classroom is great and I love it and I love that you get to do something you love!! You are a great teacher and those kids are lucky to have you as their teacher!! Love you bunches!

Stacie said...

Love the update too! You are so committed and wonderful in your job! Love you!

Carrie said...

Way to finally update mom! You are a great teacher, those kids are lucky to have you teaching them. Now quit working so many hours.......enjoy some down time for crying out loud :))

Anonymous said...

Oh my stars I really did about fall out of my chair!! :) I'm SO happy to read an update! Your class is SO lucky to have you - I hope they know that! If you want, I can stop by and let them know. I'm here for you like that ;-)
Love you!

Vili said...

I agree with Chandie, I almost fell out as well. Logging in my blog it’s easier for me to log onto my email and then click on a blog and use the “sign in” button on top. I did that this morning and what a neat surprise! I am so happy to hear how happy you are Pam. You worked so hard for this I am glad it’s paying off and soooooo proud of you! Love you tons!

Jessie, Garan, and Sammy said...

LOVE THE UPDATE!!!! I'm glad you're loving teaching. You are an amazing teacher and those kids are soooo lucky! Dennis and Garan can talk about the joys of being married to a teacher! :) I remember so many teachers being jealous that my husband was so supportive and so helpful. I'm sure Dennis is the same way. My kids thought Garan was SO COOL! I'm glad you could use some of my supplies. Garan would die if we had to put more "teacher stuff" in the extra bedroom. :) SERIOUSLY let me know if you need anything. I remember loving my job, but also feeling completely exhausted at times. So let me help you once in a while, k? It will help me get that "teacher-ness" out of me. :)

Alicia said...

So fun! I've been completely blog absent as well, so it was fun to catch up on your blog. Glad you are loving your career so much! Sounds like you chose a good one - and I bet you are that teacher that all the kids want! I love that the emphasis is on U.S. history - how cool!