So after writing how much I love my Charter School and my cute little class of 2nd graders (which is the honest truth), I go and take a job with the school district teaching at the very school I have loved and pined over since doing my student teaching there last Spring! 1st grade, no less! Yikes! But, seriously, how could I turn it down? I knew there would be no full time openings at that school and yet I would go there week after week just to torture myself. I would walk into the school and wonder why I wasn't working there!! I fell in love with the faculty, the principal, and everything about that school--including the fact that it is right across the street from Burger King (Coke Icees) and Subway (Lunch)!! And they loved me! So, Dennis told me that I shouldn't go to Knowlton anymore because he has to deal with me being depressed for days after. But it was my drug. I would go back and visit and then come home and be depressed because I didn't work there! Then out of the blue, I get a call telling me that a full time (full contract) position has miraculously opened and would I like to interview? And here it is, 3 weeks later and I am working at my dream school. The really great thing about this is that my dear, dear lifelong friend, Linda is working there teaching 1st grade and we have adjoining rooms!! Seriously, can it get any better??? She was hired on a couple weeks before school started as part time. A week into school, the teacher she was job-sharing with decided she wanted to stay home with her kiddos and Linda became full time. It is a riot! We went to school together, carpooled, studied, cried and laughed over our schedules and dreamed about teaching together. We never believed it could happen that a school would hire two brand new teachers in the same grade and so we just dreamed. I am a witness that dreams do come true. I am pinching myself everyday when I walk into that school and realize that I actually work there!!! No more depression. Just happiness.
Now, the other side to the story...it was honestly one of the toughest decisions I have ever made to leave the Charter School. I LOVED my class and I LOVED my team and I LOVED the school and its curriculum. I literally cried for two weeks as I made the decision. I cried to my class and they cried with me. I cried with the parents when we had our parents meeting and they cried with me. The principal at the Charter School was so kind and he told me I always had a job there if I ever decided to come back. I seriously love that place. The decision was not easily made even though it was my dream to work at Knowlton. It was such a great job, but they can't even compete with a contract with the school district.
So, here I am. Starting over and spending hours and hours setting up a classroom, learning 1st grade curriculum, and writing lesson plans. I think starting twice in 6 weeks is just shy of certifiable crazy! Poor Dennis, he has to once again be patient when he doesn't see me for days on end and gets to listen about all the quirks and cuteness of a whole new set of kids and put up with me spending massive amounts again as I start over with a new grade level.
I am starting to adjust to 1st grade and finding the kids darling and so much fun. They laugh at my weirdness, dance with me when I put on music, and laugh when we sing the PeaceBuilders song and I do the peace sign. Anyway, I don't see a whole lot of time for blogging in my near future...maybe after Christmas when I feel like I am caught up??? We'll see. Until then, I am one happy girl doing exactly what I want to be doing. Oh, and Disneyland with the whole family next week. Seriously, can it get any better? Now, to write lesson plans for the sub and start packing.Crazy life!
Keto Crock Pot Recipes
1 week ago
4 comments:
Yay! A new post!! :) SO glad you have your dream job - you deserve it! I am SOOO excited for Disneyland!!Woo hoo!!
Pam Congratulations! I know how hard you have worked at this and nobody deserves it more than you! I can't wait to hear about Disneyland (from the girls' blogs of course)Enjoy your vacation!!
Wowa! That is a lot of craziness and a lot of dreams coming true! Congratulations! You totally deserve it, I'm so happy for you!
So happy for you Auntie Pam!! And I know its been nearly a month now but I am so glad we got to see you when we were down in Utah!! =) love you!
Post a Comment