Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Perfect Day

Sometimes, not very often in my life, I have a perfect day. Memorial Day was one and I am still floating on the perfectness of that day. I am not sure what made it so magical but it was! Malad. All my kiddos. All my grandbabies. My dad. My nieces and nephews. My cousins and aunts and uncles. Little Darl playing the ukulele at the cemetery was like this little piece of nostalgia and the day just kept getting better from that perfect start. A favorite moment: as we walked up the hill at the ranch and Ashlyn's teensy little sing-songy voice said: OH MY GOSH! Up the hill? We are going up the hill? Another was Ally's cute little "Top of the hill" dance that we all did when we reached the top, but hers was the best! Really, there are too many favorite moments to list (Angie's scream when Tyler showed her the snake was priceless-and she ran right into the tree in her haste to get away-I'm still laughing). But to list all the favorite moments (like Caleb showing me his muscles and the boys throwing the football to see who still had it, with Rachel representing with an amazing throw!)would mean that I would give a play-by-play of the entire day because it was that perfect. I am so thankful that I can be given a glimpse of heaven every now and then. And to end it all-Ironports for the road. Perfect.

5 comments:

ClaysJenna said...

It was a wonderful day! Glad we all were able to go!! Don't forget the ironports :)

Anonymous said...

It was a perfect day - I loved it, and loved being there.

holo said...

I HAVE to be there next year. Sounds like so much fun and perfect things.

Dara McFarlane said...

i can say is amen to this post.

Penelope said...

HOW did I miss this post?! I have to agree. It was the greatest day, and your post just brought it all back. Sigh. Thank you! :)