Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Decisions

So, I had an interview last Tuesday with the Charter School here by me and on Friday they offered me the job! So, I got a job before I graduated! Pretty cool. It was my first interview. I only did screening interviews with Davis District and this Charter School because those are the only ones I am interested in working for. Davis isn't hiring for 2-3 more months. The job offer is teaching 2nd grade, not my first choice, but it is a growing school and I can move up to 4th or 5th next year. It is a great school and it would be fun to work at, especially since my cutie pie granddaughter goes there. I am meeting with the director today to find out the details (pay, etc). Here is my dilemma. Do I take the job and run with it, or do I hold out that I will be hired by Davis School District? I have been thinking long and hard about it for a week now and I go back and forth. The truth is, Davis District is dicey on jobs this year. They're saying 50 to 100 new hires across all grades...not great odds when they have over 500 applications in so far! But, I know people who seem to think I will get a job--people who are in the position to know. But there are no guarantees, NONE. I have a moral issue with signing a letter of intent (contract) with the Charter school and then in July, when Davis starts hiring, backing out if I get a job with Davis. So either I take the sure thing, or I take a chance at nothing. Decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

hmmmmm hate to have to be in your shoes! good luck deciding, you will make the best choice for you and dad! You always do :)