In January, I will be student teaching and the first of May, I will be graduating. Whew!
Course that all depends on whether I survive this semester: 6 classes; 18 credit hours; 150+ hours of field work, +homework, work, church, family, etc. I've done this before but not with this many upper division classes (2 are masters classes) and as many hours of outside work required.
I was feeling a little overwhelmed yesterday after the first week of school with 6 different schedules and 6 different syllabi and 6 different classes each with their own plethora of assignments. Not only was I doubting whether I wanted to do this, I was doubting whether I COULD do this.
Then I remembered when Chandie went to 7th grade and at the end of the first week, she had a bit of a meltdown, I think similar to how I was feeling yesterday. We figured out that it was just that she felt out of control and needed to get a little organization. So...we got a planner and a calendar and we charted her classes and assignments and, voila!, it worked like a charm for her. Her anxiety was gone and she had a successful year.
So...last night I got a calendar and a planner and I charted out the classes and assignment due dates and, voila!, I feel much, much better. I am still a little overwhelmed when I look at the assignment calendar and almost every single day has something due, but I can look at it and plan my days and nights and week ends and I know it is do-able. And, really, that's all I need to know; it is do-able and it is going to be okay.
11 comments:
There is SO a light at the end of the tunnel! Anytime you need some JJ time let me know we'll come visit! He can lighten any mood and lift your spirits if your stressed:) love you can't wait till MAY!!!
Oh my gosh I had forgotten about that. It actually clears up a few "issues" I've been wondering about with NEEDING to calendar everything. It all ties back to that! It keeps me SO sane. I'm nothing without it :)
That being said- you are amazing and I'm SO proud of you! Good luck with it all - I have NO doubt you can do it, and do it well :) Love you!!
P.S. weird to think that when you graduate we'll be getting ready for Jordan to be home!! What a celebration time of year it will be! Woo Hoo for YOU!!
P.P.S don't you love that we all type "viola" or whatever the crap it is, instead of "walla" now that Stacie set it straight :) hehehe. I love it :)
Did I mention that I love you! :) You rock.
Love, Chandie
You are so amazing. I am always in such awe as to how you do it all, and you do, do it all so well. I know you don't think you do but just take a look at your incredible kids and what wonderful parents and people they are. They are what they are because of you and Dennis! So, when you think you can't do it, take a look at them and remember all those hard times and just know that you have already conquered the most difficult task ever! Good Luck and I really hope we don't have to wait until May to see you!! We miss you guys.
You are amazing! I wasn't taking masters classes or taking care of my family, and the semester before student teaching was my very hardest semester. You can do it! Just like you've done so many hard things in your life. You'll be the best teacher and your students are soooo lucky! I'm so excited for May! We can do lots of playing together since I'll be hanging out in your basement! :)
There's so little traffic on the extra mile. (quote:Silvana Clark). Amazing job.
oh you can do it auntie pam! that's awesome and this blog is EXACTLY what i needed to read, as i just mapped out my last year of school!! smart ideas!
You, my dear Pammy, are AMAZING!! I love you to bits and pieces, not only because you are smart (I love smart people) but you are kind, funny and beautiful! Thanks for being my friend! Good luck this semester! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Go you!! I have a friend who I would always think "how on EARTH do you get all of that done?" and then I realized it was all in her organization, there was time for everything, it was just planning. Anyway, go you!! You are almost there - and you are a total inspiration!! Go Pammy, Go Pammy, Go, Go, Go Pammy... =)
You go girl! What a great mom you are. Where were you when I was in 7th grade, or for my whole life! I'm starting school tomorrow (Oct. 2) so I will have a planner on hand thanks to you.
Post a Comment