Whenever I have to escape by thinking of my Happy Place, it is ALWAYS Hood River. Ahhh. Just thinking about it makes me sigh. This year, we are flying in. Anyone who knows me knows this: I love road trips. I especially love the trip to the Northwest coast. So the problem isn't the drive, I just can't handle the thought of 2 less days in H.R. that are spent driving. So, this year we fly. I just can't wait. Really. I am standing at the calendar chanting, "hurry, hurry, hurry". I have the best music for dancing and singing out loud downloaded on my iPod. I have a stack of quilt projects in cute little packages all bundled together. I have new walking shoes ready to wear. I am making a list of "must see" late night, chick flick, sappy movies. I have my eye on new jammies. I am collecting small, cool trinkets that the Hood River fairies will leave on the pillows every night. I am gearing up for Mike's Ice Cream every night, Saturday Market and new pottery, and dinner at Horsefeathers. I am saving my money for the annual sale at the local and very cute quilt store with the purple door. But I am especially looking forward to seeing two of my dearest friends that I only get together with once a year. For a week or two. In my Happiest of Happy Places. Hurry, June.
6 comments:
I'm jealous! I want a happy place to go! The only happy place I have is in my head...and when I go there people think I'm having a seizure because I zone out to get there! Aaahh! love you!
I am SOOO happy for your happy place!! :) And jealous too! I would be counting down the days, too. Lucky you!
It all sounds so dreamy - makes me want to visit sometime :)
What a darling little place! I bet it's just a blast quilting with your friends and enjoying the area. And 1-2 weeks?! How perfect!
Jealous! It sounds like such a fun time! The "Hood River Fairy" visits are a cute idea!
Hey Pam! You may have already read about this, but just in case, I thought you'd like to know:
http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705284759,00.html
Post a Comment