Friday, January 16, 2009

Resolved!


Quite a few years ago, I decided that I wouldn't make New Year's Resolutions on January 1st. With my birthday just a week after the 1st, I was always setting myself up for either guilt or resentment.  So my "New Year's" resolutions begin on January 9th. It works for me.

But this year, because of schedule conflicts,  my birthday is being celebrated on Sunday the 11th. I wasn't sure whether to start resolutions on the 9th or wait until the 12th. Decisions, decisions. I decided on the 12th. I like to make New Year's resolutions not New Year's resentments.

This year I decided that I would do quarterly resolutions. 10 of them each quarter for a year. If they work after 90 days, they will be a habit. If they don't, oh well. They may seem a little vague here, but trust me, I have them in detail, with a step-by-step plan on a list in my room. For this post, I will just put the thumbnails.

First quarter resolutions for 2009:

1. Go to bed earlier. 
2. Eat better.
3. This one involves Dennis and I will not go into detail so I don't embarrass my children:)
4. Take time at least once a month to read something besides a textbook. 
5. Plan Primary Sharing Time before Saturday!
6. Leave on time no matter what is left undone at home.
7. Walk more. Think about running.
8. Take time to do some quilting every month.
9. Take time to do digital scrapbooks every week.
10. Read from the Book of Mormon at least 5 days a week.

2 comments:

ClaysJenna said...

Love your goals...I love that they are quarterly. I also love that you wrote number 3 the way you did I laughed out loud! I love you and dad:)

James Yvonne and Elise said...

Pam we are sorry to hear about Dennis' dad. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with all of you at this time. We love you!