Thursday, January 8, 2009

I Like My Birthdays, Every One...


Happy Birthday to Me! I just have to say that I really do love my birthdays! I don't mind getting older mostly because it doesn't really seem that I am getting older. I feel the same as I did when I was 25 or 35 or whatever, so it's just another day to celebrate! And I feel blessed to still be here and have the health to do the things I want to do. 
I love everything about birthdays. I love presents, I love ice cream, I love going out to dinner, I love the hugs and kisses and well wishes. I love it all. Except cake. I'm really not a cake lover. I do, however, love brownies so my birthday "cake" is typically brownies with German Chocolate frosting. Yum!  
And if you have a birthday, you have a "Birthday Eve" which extends the celebration! Last night I went to the Jazz game with my honey and had an great time watching a great game for my birthday eve. We ate dinner at the arena and I got a Jazz jersey to wear to the games! Wahoo!
Seriously, see why I love birthdays? Who can't love a day that includes a birthday eve,  fun presents, good food,  lots of love sent their way, AND German chocolate frosting? I always say that Christmas is my favorite holiday but, just betweeen you and me, my favorite holiday just may be my birthday! Happy birthday to me! (If you listen closely, you can hear my sister harmonizing on the end of the song there...ahh, another reason to love my birthday!)

11 comments:

holo said...

Happy Birthday sister! Love you! (Birthday eve?? Next you will want the 12-days of Birthday.)

Stacie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Cute post mom - I love birthday's too!! (Okay, I'm not gonna like my next one, but 'nuff said)
So anyways, I'm glad you are having such a great birthday and eve - and I'm SO glad you are here for another birthday with MANY more to come! And I seriously could hear Julie harmonizing there - amazing! :)
Love you!!

Carrie said...

yes happy birthday mom! we all love you so much!

Becky said...

Happy Birthday! We hope you have a GREAT day!!!

Julie Bryson said...

Happy Birthday!!! I love brownies more then cake too!!

Jessie, Garan, and Sammy said...

Happy birthday!!!!!! WE love you lots!

Jessie, Garan, and Sammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia said...

Happy Birthday, Pammy! Hope you had a fantastic day! I think we will be inserting the "birthday eve" into our Birthday festivities this year!

DaPaPaG said...

Pammy! I thought about you yesterday when I wrote the date down at a store and thought-I need to call my sister! Then I forgot. Sorry! Happy happy Birthday! Love you tons and tons! Sorry I didn't call, but I did remember, just not at the right time.
-Kenny

JL said...

OK, so I'm a total, complete flake! I remembered your "birthday eve" but completely spaced your birthday. I love you, though, and I will do better next year. Happy Birthday (late) sis!
Julie