Monday, June 30, 2008

Hot, hot, hot! And other randomness.

It's summertime which means that it is pool time! I am not a fan of summer because of the heat so the only way I have ever survived is to spend as much time around water as possible. When the kids were little, it meant Surf-n-Swim. Everyday. Now that Cherry Hill is such a great spot for kids young and old, we go to Cherry Hill. Dennis and I have bought the grandkids and their moms (and me:) summer passes for the last two years. It is the only way to spend the hot summer days. Because of weather and other craziness this year, today is the first day we were able to use our passes. It was so much fun. We are going to try to go two or three times a week until the end of the summer. I will take a camera next time to get some pictures. The kids are a riot. It was hot outside and Caleb kept saying, "It's hot, hot, hot!" at random times. To no one in particular. Just stating a fact. The good thing about being at the pool all day, the kids are tired and ready for bed at night:)

Well, today is the day. I have to clean out Jordan's room and make it ready for Garan. I had to clean out Garan's room after he left to make room for Katie so I know from experience that it is a little, tiny bit emotional for me. I have put it off as long as I can, hoping that a little perspective and time would make it easier. I doubt it. I am not usually a bawler. I am not usually a pathetic cryer. But when my kids leave me, I become just that. I think it is the grandma Gleed (Nellie) gene that rears its tearstained face in me and reminds me that some things are just going to be cried over. And cried over. And cried over.

Ever since Carrie and crew have been with us, Caleb has announced whether Jordan is home or not based on whether his car is in the garage. Well, once Jordan left for his mission, it was quite emotional to have him say EVERY TIME he went into the garage, "Jordan's Home!" Carrie finally got through to him that Jordan is not home even though his car is. So now, EVERY TIME he sees Jordan's car, he announces in a sadder and quieter voice, "Jordan's not home..." just in case we needed to be reminded.

I have to decide whether to drop my math class or not. Decisions. To be honest, it is tempting so that I can have a little more time this summer. And the teacher is absolutely horrible! Really. We took our first test last week and one person got in the 90's and two people got in the 80's and everyone else got 75 or below. That is out of 30 students. This is a math methods class to teach teachers how to teach math. It shouldn't be as difficult as it is. I actually love geometry and it is one part of math that I actually "get". So, I get my test back and I'm pretty sure I have the lowest grade in the class because I didn't see one of the directions and missed 30 points!!! Anyway, I am not sure I want to work as hard as I will have to, to bring all my other grades up to get a passing grade. But the teacher is going to let me take the part over that I missed bad on so I could bring my grade up to around a 70 and then it would be okay. Not great, but passing. And with math, I'll take that. I get straight A's in every other class, including all my science classes, so I can handle a C in math. But maybe I would rather take it next semester from a teacher who knows how to teach this class and get an A! I have until Thursday the 3rd to decide. Decisions!

2 comments:

ClaysJenna said...

I still love Cherry Hill:) If you guys ever go on a Saturday let me know, Clay and I like going:) Tough decision on the math class. Wish I could help you decide...

Anonymous said...

Cherry Hill is such fun! I'm so glad you guys give us that each year, and I'm glad you come along with us! :)
Good luck with the math decision...