
I think it is so unfair that we have bittersweet times in our lives. Give me sad. Give me happy. But quit giving me the mix. Like, "wahoo! Jordan's figured out his life and is going on a mission. I am so happy for him and so thankful!" Followed by, "wahhhh, Jordan's figured out his life and is going on a mission and I will miss him so much I might die." Seriously, this is not the Great Plan of Happiness we are living down here in mortality, it is the Great Plan of Goodbyes! And it hurts! And we will feel guilty for crying and wailing when we should be happy and thankful! And from the moment we are born, we are preparing to say goodbye to people and things we love deeply. And be happy about it. Hmmm...
I need some perspective. I need some time. They will come. Until then....bittersweet.
I can't even begin to write how happy I am for Jordan and his excitement over serving a mission. I can't even begin to express how grateful I am to a patient and loving Heavenly Father who brought my boy back and put people in his life to give him hope and show him a way. I can't even describe the deep, complete joy I feel that he is serving a mission that he is so ready for. I can only say that it is matched exactly in the depth of sadness that makes my heart hurt and washes over me like waves at the ocean and makes me wonder if I can ever go in his room again without falling apart. There is no stopping this deep longing for just one more day before I watch this sweet, obedient, repentant, amazing young man walk away from his family and put his trust in the Lord for two years.
I need some perspective. I need some time. They will come. Until then....bittersweet.
6 comments:
Okay mom, that totally made me cry.... Good luck with the next little while ~ I love you lots. And I miss him soooo much.
I love you so much and I miss him so much!! I hate bittersweet as well.
Oh Pam! You said it all so perfectly. I really have been thinking of you all day! I love you so much. I hope you can take all the time you need. I miss him, but can't imagine what you all are experiencing. My prayers are with you. He'll be a great missionary.
Thanks for making me cry...again.
I hope you know that you created the mess you are in! If you and Dennis weren't such incredible parents you wouldn't have such awesome obedient children!! You have soooooo much to be proud of. Thanks so much for letting us be a part of your lives. You guys set such a great example for us. We want to be just like you when we grow up!(a girl can dream can't she!) We love you guys tons!
so sad and happy? I hate that both those emotions can so easily co-exist. thinking of you lots, and Jordan too!
Post a Comment