Saturday, April 23, 2011

Why I Love Baseball


1. It's a really family friendly sport. Little kids, grandparents, big kids, everyone all together.
2. 7th inning stretch! Seriously, so much fun to stand and sway with the crowd while singing a totally silly song about baseball!

3. Do you know any other sport that has its own song?
4. Home Runs & Grand Slams.
5. Foul balls that go into the stands and the little kid always gets the ball.
6. Concession food! Best hotdogs ever.
7. Do you know any other sport that has its own signature food?
8. Cracker Jacks and Peanuts. Mmmm.
9. It just smacks of summer. And is a sure sign of Spring.
10. The sound of the bat hitting the ball.
11. The sound of the ball hitting the glove.
12. Things the fans say at the games are, for the most part, really funny.
13. Watching the base runners lead off and then steal a base.
14. It's affordable to take the whole family to a Major League game.
15. And what's more American???? There is just something very patriotic about baseball!
First sport to sing the National Anthem at the beginning.
First sport to bring out the big, huge, fill the field flag.
First sport to have the Air force do cool fly-overs!
Goosebumps producing patriotism!
16.The Yankees. Hate them or Love them, they are baseball. I LOVE them! You should, too.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I love reading your blog Pammy! We went to our first Mariners game of the season a couple of weeks ago. The dome was open, the night was clear and cold,more like football than baseball, but we had a blast! We stayed for the 7th inning stretch (mandatory), sang our silly hearts out, and left with the score of Mariners 0 Blue Jays 7. We were SHOCKED and humbled to have doubted our team when the news the next morning boasted that the Mariners WON 8-7! It must have been the magic of the 7th inning stretch!

ClaysJenna said...

I enjoy baseball if I'm actually at the game! Watching on TV is very difficult for me :) And I'm a Johnny Damen fan so for the time being I'm a NY fan :) Love you mom!!!!

Angie Adam said...

I love going to baseball games! I agree, so fun for the whole family and not a bad price!

Alicia said...

I love baseball games, too! Whenever we go to one, Christopher always mentions how boring baseball is, but I say it's all about the experience! Someday I'll convert him...maybe I'll start by having him read this post. ;)

It was fun talking for a minute the other day! I love the announcements, they are so cute!!